Below are the current vacancies at Foal Farm.
Foal Farm are looking for some very special people to join our dedicated hard working team here. You must share our charitable aims and ethos and be prepared to go that extra bit further! Experience is preferred but we would train the right people.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Animal Welfare Support
Primarily Large Animals
Job category Full time position live in/live out (depending on probationary period)
Core hours 8am-5.30pm
Reporting line Senior Animal Carer/Manager
General Description of tasks
- To assist with and to take responsibility for the general care and welfare of the animals at Foal Farm during their stay at the centre and to improve the daily enrichments of long-term/resident animals. The role demands an ability and willingness to work with all animal teams – dogs, cats, small animals and large animals – as required; this will be dependent on the rota arrangements in force at the time.
- A minimum level of fitness due to the physically demanding nature of the role
- Flexibility and the ability to work as part of a team
- Good customer care and communication skills
- A genuine interest in animal welfare
- An understanding and empathy with the views and objectives of FOAL
How to Apply
Please send your CV to Mrs L Steward, Foal Farm Animal Rescue Centre, Jail Lane, Kent, TN16 3AX. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org or for further details of the position and salary.
Closing date for applicants is Friday 31st March 2017.
Hours: 21 hours across 3 days
Salary: £7,800 to £8,000 per annum, depending on experience
Location: Foal Farm Animal Rescue Centre in Biggin Hill
We are looking for an experienced Volunteer Co-ordinator to manage, schedule, train and recruit our group of volunteers to ensure the continued health and happiness of our animals.
The list below is not exhaustive but the role would include:
- Recruit volunteers to assist with the day to day running of Foal Farm
- Ensure all rotas are covered for shops, animal teams etc
- Actively support all volunteers
- Be attuned to Health & Safety requirements
- Organisation of volunteers for special events on site, outside events and any other requirements
- Maintain the database of volunteers
Required skills and experience:
- Good understanding of volunteering
- Good understanding of Health & Safety
- Good level of competence using Office (Excel, Word, Publisher)
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good team player and a commitment to the ethos of the charity.
With a ‘hands on’ attitude and the willingness to take on tasks when required, this is an ideal position for someone looking to make a real contribution. If you feel you have the necessary skills and enthusiasm to join this charity, we would be very pleased to hear from you.
Applications and a current CV should be sent to:
Debra Taylor, Manager of Foal Farm
By Post: Foal Farm, Jail Lane, Biggin Hill, Kent, TN16 3AX
By Email: email@example.com
**Closing Date- March 31st 2017