Below are the current vacancies at Foal Farm.
Foal Farm are looking for some very special people to join our dedicated hard working team here. You must share our charitable aims and ethos and be prepared to go that extra bit further! Experience is preferred but we would train the right people.
CLEANER for Animal Enclosures and Public Areas
Part Time – 12 hours Per Week
(Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings)
Based at Foal Farm Animal Rescue Centre, Biggin Hill, Kent
General Job Description
To ensure that all animal enclosures are fully cleaned to FOAL standards under the supervision of an Animal Carer, with particular emphasis on our kennel round.
Other animal enclosures may include small animals, cattery and large animal round. The post holder will also need to ensure that all public areas are kept clean and tidy as directed by management.
- A fastidious nature with an interest in completing a cleaning task to a very high standard and with attention to detail
- A minimum level of fitness due to the physically demanding nature of the role
- Flexibility and the ability to work as part of a team
- A genuine interest in animal welfare
- An understanding and empathy with the views and objectives of FOAL
- Clean driver’s license is desirable
How to Apply
Please send your CV to Mrs L Steward, Foal Farm Animal Rescue Centre, Jail Lane, Kent, TN16 3AX. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org or for further details of the position and salary.
Closing date for applicants is Saturday 5th Aug 2017.
Foal Farm Animal Rescue Centre is based in Biggin Hill, Kent. Our aim is to take in as many sick, distressed and unwanted animals as possible and restore them to health and happiness, and to find them a forever home. Our mission is that no healthy animal is ever destroyed, and if no suitable home can be found the animal becomes a resident for the rest of its life.
We are looking for one trustee/treasurer with finance experience to work with the board to monitor the charity’s financial affairs and viability.
- To be able to attend monthly trustee meetings (usually held on a Saturday) in addition to the
- Knowledge of accounting and the charity commission accounting standards (SORP)
- Knowledge of gift aid rules, record keeping and claiming.
- Knowledge of VAT and corporation tax as it affects charities.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively as a member of a team, in order to be able to liaise effectively at all levels within the organisation- trustees, management and staff.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to supporting the charities mission, aims and values.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Strategic vision and good independent judgement.
- To ensure the organisation complies with charity law, accounting standards and other relevant regulations. • To ensure the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects (the charity must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objects, no matter how worthwhile or charitable those activities are).
- To ensure financial reports are provided to Trustees in an easy to understand form.
- To keep the Board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities.
- To support staff to prepare the budget to present to the Board • To ensure the proper investment of the charity’s funds.
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation. Paul Dewdney Foal Farm Animal Rescue Centre Kent
- Biggin Hill
- Honorary Secretary of Trustees
- Please send applications and CV’s to:
Honorary Secretary of Trustees
Foal Farm Animal Rescue Centre