Below are the current vacancies at Foal Farm.
Foal Farm are looking for some very special people to join our dedicated hard working team here. You must share our charitable aims and ethos and be prepared to go that extra bit further! Experience is preferred but we would train the right people.
Commercial & Fundraising Manager
Salary: £28,000-£32,000 depending on experience
Location: Foal Farm, Jail Lane, Biggin Hill, Kent TN16 3AX A unique and exciting full time management position has become available at Foal Farm Animal Rescue Centre in Biggin Hill. Foal Farm is a charity that rescues, rehabilitates and re-homes animals of all varieties, and we are now recruiting to fill this vacancy.
Reporting to the Farm Manager and the Board of Trustees, the individual will be a key member of the management team and will need to be experienced, proactive and operationally focused. They will also need to take responsibility for the development of strategies that will drive the incoming revenue streams, and will need to be able to deliver the implementation of strategic aims and objectives. The individual will also need to be competent on commercial and financial matters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing a fund raising strategy that supports the aims of the charity.
- Development of the commercial activities across the charity’s retail outlets with a view to expansion.
- Delivering the charity’s Event Programme and enhance where appropriate.
- Development of the Foal Farm brand through PR, Marketing and Communications.
- Define a multi channel approach to communications both internally and externally to promote the increase of membership, volunteers and funding.
- Deliver financial operational control.
- Manage a small team of direct reports
- Support the Farm Manager and deputise if required.
- Support colleagues in the delivery of their targets and objectives.
Skills and experience required
- Proven track record in fund raising and commercial activities
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role within a charity environment
- High levels of motivation and organisation
- Extensive knowledge of Social Media and IT exploitation
- Good commercial and financial knowledge
- Good people skills
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for animals
Applications and a current CV should be sent to:
Debra Taylor, Manager of Foal Farm
By Post: Foal Farm, Jail Lane, Biggin Hill, Kent, TN16 3AX
By Email: email@example.com
Applications close on Friday 21st April 2017, although applications will be considered on a rolling basis and initial interviews may commence should an appropriate candidate be identified.
Foal Farm Animal Rescue Centre is based in Biggin Hill, Kent. Our aim is to take in as many sick, distressed and unwanted animals as possible and restore them to health and happiness, and to find them a forever home. Our mission is that no healthy animal is ever destroyed, and if no suitable home can be found the animal becomes a resident for the rest of its life.
We are looking for one trustee/treasurer with finance experience to work with the board to monitor the charity’s financial affairs and viability.
- To be able to attend monthly trustee meetings (usually held on a Saturday) in addition to the
- Knowledge of accounting and the charity commission accounting standards (SORP)
- Knowledge of gift aid rules, record keeping and claiming.
- Knowledge of VAT and corporation tax as it affects charities.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively as a member of a team, in order to be able to liaise effectively at all levels within the organisation- trustees, management and staff.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to supporting the charities mission, aims and values.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Strategic vision and good independent judgement.
- To ensure the organisation complies with charity law, accounting standards and other relevant regulations. • To ensure the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects (the charity must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objects, no matter how worthwhile or charitable those activities are).
- To ensure financial reports are provided to Trustees in an easy to understand form.
- To keep the Board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities.
- To support staff to prepare the budget to present to the Board • To ensure the proper investment of the charity’s funds.
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation. Paul Dewdney Foal Farm Animal Rescue Centre Kent
- Biggin Hill
- Honorary Secretary of Trustees
- Please send applications and CV’s to:
Honorary Secretary of Trustees
Foal Farm Animal Rescue Centre